Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Place over a medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for approx 15-20 mins (watch it doesn't burn)
3. Remove from the heat and pour onto a baking parchment lined baking tray or similar. Remove the vanilla pod straight away then allow the mixture to cool down completely. It needs to be completely solid and cold before going onto the next stage.
4. Break the mixture into chunks then place in a food processor or strong blender.
5. Blend using the pulse button till you get the required consistency. You want to try and get a nice mix of fine sugar and slightly larger 'crumbs'.
6. Spread the mixture out on some parchment paper and leave to dry out for a few hours before packing into jars.