Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 20 Apr 2010 @ 17:56
You can prepare the meat/sauce mixture beforehand if you like and just add the rice to the re-heated sauce when you\'re ready to eat. It\'s also great frozen in single portions (without rice). Just defrost, reheat and add your cooked rice for a quick and tasty meal.
approx• 250g of cooked long grain rice
200g lean minced beef
1 tsp cummin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
A little dash of olive oil
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup (or more) of canned jalapeno slices
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to season
You\'ll also need:
3 -4 tbsp grated cheese to serve
Some fresh coriander to garnish
1. First prepare the sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor (or blender) and process for just a few seconds (leave it a little chunky). Set aside for now.
2. Using a medium sized frying pan, heat a dash of olive oil and fry the minced meat till browned.
3.Add the cummin, coriander,paprika and chilli powder then season with salt and pepper. Fry gently for another minute or so then pour the prepared sauce into the meat, stirring well.
4. Cover and cook over a medium heat for approx 20mins, stirring it occassionally to make sure it doesn\'t stick.
5. Once the sauce is ready and has reduced a little, add the cooked rice to the pan, stir well, then cook for another minute or two, till rice is hot and has soaked up some of the sauce.
6. Serve sprinkled with the cheese , some hot sauce and some chopped coriander