Spicy Persimon Chutney
Added by AshRedcomm | Thu 29 Sep 2011 @ 15:49
375ml cider vinegar
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 large apple, peeled, de-cored and chopped
170g caster sugar
Juice and peel of 1 lemon
1 large red chili, finely chopped
1 tbsp• fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp• ground coriander
1 tsp• ground cloves
1. Combine all the ingredients except the persimons in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce the heat to a medium low and simmer until the mixture thickens but some juices remain, stirring frequently for around 25 minutes.
3. Roughly chop the persimons, add to the mixture and simmer for around 5 minutes until they are tender.
4. Remove from heat and cool completely. Spoon in jars, seal and refrigerate.
5. Should be stored in the fridge and consumed within one month.