Spinach and Chorizo Salad!
Added by lolly4891 | Sat 09 Jan 2010 @ 10:59
If you want a tasty salad that everyone will be wowing about try this on for size!
2 chorizo sausages
1/2 cup roasted and salted macadamias
1 bunch of asparagus woody ends chopped
1 large packet/bunch of baby spinach leaves
Mini roma tomatoes roasted with salt and olive oil
Home made garlic aioli with a pinch of lime zest
Smoked Cheddar Cheese- I use a local Margaret River cheese in Western Australia but use whatever you\'ve got that is best quality.
1.Skin sausages and roughly chop, fry on a skillet or frying pan until blackened and crispy.
2. Wash and chop spinach leaves if needed, place in bowl
3. Blanch asparagus in boiling hot water and then icy cold water to retain greenness
4. Roughly chop your cheese
5. Roast your tomatoes at a high heat drizzled with oilve oil and salt for about 15 minutes or until soft.
6. Roast your macadmias with salt in a hot over for 5 minutes.
7. Assemble salad by layering ingredients i always put asparagus on top.
8. Dollop on your homemade aioli or leave on side for those who may not like it!
9. Enjoy the best salad ever!