Added by kye in france | Mon 26 Jan 2009 @ 10:29
We also replace the shrimp with minced beef, chopped chicken and also add fresh soja.
* 2 ounces rice vermicelli
* 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
* 8 large cooked shrimp - peeled, deveined and cut in half
* 1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
* 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
* 4 teaspoons fish sauce
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.