Stickey Chocolate and Raspberry Slice
Added by Eddy13 | Fri 08 Jan 2010 @ 01:06
1. This recipe is not actually mine. It comes from \"Favourite Muffins, Bidcuits, Cakes & Slices\" Page 42.
2. The recipe shown is not actually that chewy so abit more chocolate could never hurt.
3. Great for a sweet treat after dinner in front of the telly.
75g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
75g plain chocolate, broken into chunks
75g fresh or frozen raspberries, plus extra to decorate
2 medium eggs separated
50g caster suger
25g ground almonds
25g cocoa powder, sifted
25g plain flour
sifted icing suger to dust and fresh mint to decorate
150g fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tbsp caster suger (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease the base of sn 18cm loose-bottomed cake tin and line with baking paper. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a sauce pan of simmering water, stirring. Cool slightly.
2. Press the raspberries through a sieve. Whisk the egg yolks and suger untill pale and creamy, then mix in the almonds, cocoa, flour, melted chocolate, and sieved raspberries.
3. Whisk the egg whites untill they form stiff peaks (this is best done with an electric whisk). Fold a little into the chocolate mixture to loosen, then fold in the ramainder. Spoon into the tin and cook for 25 mins or untill risen and just firm. Cool for 1 hour.
4. Remove the cake from the tin and dust with icing suger. Serve with the sauce (see below) deorated with mint and raspberries.
1. Sieve the raspberries, then stir in the suger, if using.