Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Kye
i always have horseradish at home, but in case you can't find it i'm posting the recipe straight after.
1. Split the leeks lengthways in four, wash well and shred finely.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and soften without colouring for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, milk, peeled/chopped potatoes and mushrooms.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. When the potatoes are soft, add the stilton cheese and liquidise until smooth.
6. To finish: combine the horseradish, sour cream and gherkin in a small bowl.
7. Serve the soup into warm bowls, top with a spoonful of horseradish cream and garnish with sprigs of chervil or parsley.