Added by kye in france | Thu 19 Feb 2009 @ 12:39
serves 4 i always have horseradish at home, but in case you can\'t find it i\'m posting the recipe straight after.
* 450g leeks white part only
* 55g butter
* 750ml vegetable stock
* 300ml milk
* 225g new potatoes
* 110g mushrooms
* 75g stilton cheese crumbled
* 4 tbsp creamed horseradish
* 4 tbsp sour cream
* 1 large gherkin chopped
* sprigs of fresh chervil
1. Split the leeks lengthways in four, wash well and shred finely.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and soften without colouring for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, milk, peeled/chopped potatoes and mushrooms.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. When the potatoes are soft, add the stilton cheese and liquidise until smooth.
6. To finish: combine the horseradish, sour cream and gherkin in a small bowl.
7. Serve the soup into warm bowls, top with a spoonful of horseradish cream and garnish with sprigs of chervil or parsley.