Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by JAW
The company is called Taste and the spice rub tastes good. But how to use it? I decided to experiment, and so adapted a recipe from Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries II to create the recipe below. Happily, it turned out rather well.
2) Dice the chicken meat.
3) Put 2 level teaspoons of the harissa mix into a bowl big enough to hold the chicken. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix. Add the chicken and mix thoroughly.
4) Get a wok and put on a hob over a high heat. Once hot add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the chicken. Fry over a high heat for 6 or 7 minutes, stirring regularly and leaving covered between stirring, until cooked through.
6) Meanwhile, cook your rice according to packet instructions. Add a teaspoon of the harissa mix to the boiling water to give the rice some extra flavour.
7) Add the sugar to the chicken, stir-fry for another minute, then squeeze in the juice of the lemon and season well with salt.
8) Add the salad and pea shoots/watercress, toss, and cook briefly until the leaves have started to wilt and darken.
9) Serve in bowls with the rice and be sure to drizzle the delightful pan juices from the wok over the dish. Add a little creme fraiche or yoghurt to reduce the heat and add some texture if you like.