Stir-fried Beef with Green Peppers
Added by hoppershaun | Thu 25 Jun 2009 @ 15:01
•200g frying steak, e.g• sirloin, fillet etc.
•2 tbsp groundnut oil
•1 garlic clove, finely sliced
•half an inch root ginger, chopped
•2 shallots, finely chopped
•1 large green pepper, deseeded and sliced lengthways
•1 tsp light soy sauce
•1 tsp dry sherry
•pinch of salt and ground black pepper
•pinch of sugar
•1 tsp sesame oil
FOR THE MARINADE
•1 tsp each of light soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil, and
1. Cut the beef into thin slices, cutting against the grain. Put in a bowl and add the marinade. Mix together and set aside for at least an hour.
2. Heat a wok over a high heat until very hot and then add 1 tbsp of groundnut oil. Remove the beef from the marinade and add to the wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until browned all over. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of groundnut oil to the wok. Heat the oil and then add the ginger, shallots and garlic and stir-fry for 20-30 seconds.
4. Add the peppers, soy sauce, dry sherry, salt, pepper and sugar and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Return the beef to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Drizzle in the sesame oil and stir in.
7. Serve with egg noodles or plain rice.