Added by Poulet | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
- Lotus roots: clean, peeled and sliced
- Green Onion: finely sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Olive Oil
- Placed a pan over medium heat, saute’ Lotus roots with Olive Oil until half-cooked.
- Add salt and water and covered. Simmer over low heat until cooked.
- Add Green Onion, mixed well.
- Add Sesame seeds, mixed well.
- Served hot with Thai Fragrance Rice (Kao-hom Mali).
[i][b]Note : [/b][/i]
Here in Thailand, Lotus is one of a common but important plant. We used its flower (some kind) to present as to pay respected to the Lord Buddha and monks, some kinds are garden plants and….some kind is our vegetable. :D
[i]* This is a healthy dish![/i]