Added by hoppershaun | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
400g turkey breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
100g baby sweetcorn, cut in half
80g mangetout, cut in half
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced thinly
1 inch piece of root ginger, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
small bunch of spring onions, white part only, chopped
half a small bunch of spring onions, green part only,
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp groundnut oil
1. Place the turkey breast into a bowl. In a seperate bowl make the marinade. Mix 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dry sherry and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Pour the marinade over the turkey, cover the bowl and refridgerate for about an hour.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of groundnut oil in a wok until hot. Add the marinated turkey and stir-fry until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Wipe the wok clean.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the baby sweetcorn. Boil for 2 minutes and then add the mange tout. Boil for another 1 minute and then drain the vegetables and plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
4. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of groundnut oil to the wok and heat until just smoking. Add the ginger, garlic and chopped white part of the spring onions. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the baby sweetcorn, mange tout, red pepper, 2 tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tbsp dry sherry. Stir -fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the turkey breast and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chopped green part of the spring onions and then pour over the 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Mix well and serve.