Added by praveennair | Mon 07 Sep 2009 @ 13:26
Excellent side dish
Medium sized Aubergine (Eggplant) – 10
Mashed Potatoes – 3 Nos.
Onion – 2 small ones
Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
Refined Oil or Olive Oil – 5 tbsp (approx)
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3 tbsp
Salt – To taste
Coriander Leaves – 5gms (for garnishing)
1. Heat the frying pan on low flame. Pour the oil. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
2. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder. Stir well for approximately 2 minutes. Add mashed potatoes. Sprinkle salt over it and stir well. Fry this mixture for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
3. Make two slits in each aubergine, leaving the stalk intact. Fill it with the potato mixture prepared earlier, and lay it on a microwave tray. Pour 1-2 tsp oil over it. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
4. Put the tray into the microwave and set the temperature to 750 W. Set it for 15 minutes.
5. Your stuffed aubergine is ready… Serve hot with roti [Indian bread] or use it as a side dish while having rice.