Added by rhianna899 | Fri 19 Jun 2009 @ 18:33
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
4 chicken breasts
For the stuffing
2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
2 tsp chilli flakes
1 red chilli chopped finely
3 tbsp tomato puree
4 strips of mozzarella, cut to fit inside chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
dried breadcrumbs (the amount
you need can vary)
1tbsp pine nuts
handful of basil leaves
Preheat oven to 190c.
Lightly oil a large shallow oven proof dish.
1) Mix the stuffing ingredients together.
2) Cut a small pocket into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through either side.
3) Stuff the pockets with a small amount of the stuffing mix and a strip of mozzarella, enough so that the chicken breast can still close over it.
4) Dip into the egg mix, then roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
5) Repeat with all of the chicken breasts.
6) Place into the oiled baking dish.
7) Sprinkle with the pinenuts.
8) Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
9) Sprinkle with basil to serve.
I served this with plain cous cous :)