Added by Chef Strongy | Sun 03 Jun 2012 @ 21:29
The dough is really nice which makes chelsea buns and finger buns. Which I will add in my next recipe.
1000g high grade flour
50g softened butter
100g Chelsea White Sugar
25g instant active dried yeast
1 small egg
600ml warm water or milk
1. Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then using a wooden spoon combine the ingredients together until a dough mass has formed.
2. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic in feel. Kneading is the trick here!
3. Lightly oil a bowl large enough to allow the dough to double in bulk, then put the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warmish place for 20 minutes.
4. Gently knock back the dough in the bowl by gently folding it back onto its self.
5. Cover again with plastic wrap and leave for 20 minutes then place into the refrigerator overnight.