Sweet and Sour Minced Pork, Thai style
Added by Poulet | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or country style ribs, cut in small cubes or minced pork
- Mixture of Pepper, Garlic and Coriander Roots
- Garlic, grinded
- Vegetable Oil
- Fish Sauce(You can use Soya Sauce instead of it)
- Fresh Pineapple tidbits
- Onion, cut in strips
- A large variety of Cucumber
- Green Bell pepper or Sweet pepper (Capsicum) , cut in strips
In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown pork cubes in the vegetable oil. Here, I used Minced pork with mixture of Pepper, Garlic and Coriander Roots.
Add garlic, sautť until golden brown then add Onion. Stir until soft then add Cucumber and a bit of water. Stirred.
When it cooked, add Fish Sauce, Sugar, Vinegar and Ketchup to make sweet and sour sauce.
Add Bell pepper strips and Pineapple and heat through. Serve hot with Thai fragrance rice.
[i][b]NOTE : [/b][/i]
This is one of a [b][i]very[/i][/b] easy and well-known Thai dish. My recipe is different from a Chinese recipe Ďcoz we didnít add corn stratch into it and I added a mixture of Garlic, Pepper and Coriander roots to minced pork. =)
It's hard to tell how many spoons of sauces to add into Thai foods. It depends on your taste! :D:D:D