- Makes 8 servings
- Â¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- Â¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or oregano
- Â¾ teaspoon salt
- Â¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups chopped chard (about 1 bunch), leaves and stems separated
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
This was so so yummy and the swiss chard was taken from my garden
1. To prepare crust: Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, thyme (or oregano), salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add 1/3 cup oil and 5 tablespoons water. Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry to form a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough comes together. Wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
3. Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to the prepared pan and press into the bottom and up the sides. Trim any overhanging dough and use it to patch any spots that don�t come all the way up the sides. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork in a few places. Bake the crust until firm and lightly brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
4. To prepare filling: Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chard stems and cook, stirring, until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add chard leaves and 2 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, until the leaves are just tender and the water has evaporated, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer the greens to a sieve over a bowl and let drain and cool for 5 minutes. Whisk eggs, ricotta, lemon zest and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Fold in the greens, olives and feta. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake the tart until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.