Taglioni with Peas
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 26 Sep 2009 @ 14:45
1 packet of fresh taglioni pasta (i used a tomato flavoured one)
1 med onion, finely chopped
3 heaped cupfuls of frozen peas
2 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps basil pesto
approx• 1 cupful of chicken or vegetable stock
A little olive oil for frying
Salt and pepper to season
1. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan, heat gently then fry the chopped onion and garlic till soft.
2. Add the peas and cook over a low heat for about 3 minutes before adding the tomato paste to the pan. Fry over a low heat for 1 minute, then add the stock and seasoning to the pan. Cover then cook gently for about 10 mins (most of the water should have evaporated).
3. When the peas are almost ready, cook the fresh pasta and drain.
4. Add the pesto to the peas, stir well then add the cooked pasta and toss gently .
5. Serve with a little grated parmesan or pecorino cheese.