Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 24 May 2009 @ 17:43
For 6 large potatoes
6 baking potatoes
1 tsp ground coriander seed
1 tsp ground cummin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp onion powder
1 small bunch of fresh coriander
1 small tub of yoghurt
Juice from one lemon
Red food colouring (optional)
1.Using a pestle and mortar, crush the coriander adding a little salt to help the grinding process.
2. Add the rest of the spices and yoghurt, mixing well.
3. Using a small sharp knife or skewer, poke lots of little holes in each potato (if the potato isn\'t too thick skinned i prefer to leave the skin on but you can peel them if you prefer).
4. Rub the potatoes with lemon juice before covering with the marinade.
5. Allow to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably longer.
6. Wrap the potatoes in foil, then bake in a hot oven (about 220C) for about 1 hour or until cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook them on the barbecue.