Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Mango Ginger
Visit Mango Ginger for the full story: http://www.mango-ginger.blogspot.com/2012/05/tangy-tamarind-tiger-prawns.html
Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 (with rice)
2. Very finely slice the onion and the garlic
3. Mix together the soy sauce, tamarind paste, water and sugar. Tamarind pastes may differ in concentration so make sure you taste it and adjust the flavours if necessary. It should be a nice balance of sweet, salt and sour.
4. Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame until it is smoking
5. Add the prawns and toss continuously for about 30 seconds. Add the salt.
6. Pour over the liquid mixture and keep stirring the prawns to make sure they are evenly cooked and coated in the sauce. Cook for about 4 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked all the way through and there is only a little liquid left in the pan.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!