Added by izzabellezi | Wed 23 Feb 2011 @ 18:10
These taste so so good. In my house, they\\\'ll go in hours. The recipe makes about 16. Watch out for the mixture, it tastes as good as the cookies! If you\\\'re feeling festive around December (or July!) add a couple of tbsp of mincemeat. It goes really well with these!
300g good quality museli (with clusters or fruit & nut for extra taste!)
120g self raising flour
100g soft brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 egg, beaten
100g margarine, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180\\\'/160\\\'fan/gas 5. Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
2. Beat the muesli in a bag until it\\\'s in fairly small pieces, all around pea-sized.
3. Mix the muesli, flour and sugar in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the honey, golden syrup, spices, egg and butter and mix together.
4. Either drop this in dollops on the tray, or put it all inbetween 2 pieces of parchment & roll out beneath a rolling pin, then cut in about 1-1.5cm thick rounds.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before putting on a wire - they crumble! Alternatively, just sit on the floor by the over and eat them all.