Added by winterpolaris | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
2 cups plus 2 tablespoon of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 stick unsalted butter (melted and cooled until warm)
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
[i]These oversized cookies are chewy and thick. Mainly rely on melted butter and extra egg yolk to keep the texture soft. They are best served warm from the oven but will retain their texture even when cooled. [/i]
1) Preheat the oven to 165 Celsius degrees.
2) Whisk the dry ingredients first - flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside
3) With a electric mixer or hand, mix the butter and sugar until throughly blended. Beat in the yolk, egg and vanilla until combined.
4) Spoon the dough and drop them on baking sheets. Each dough ball is about 2 and 1/2 inches apart.
5) Bake until the cookies are light golden brown and the outer edges start to harden and yet the center are still soft and puffy about 15 mins to 18 mins.
6) Cool the cookies on the sheets and removed the cooked from the baking sheets.