Tiramisu alla Selva Nera
Added by wmueller91 | Fri 19 Jun 2009 @ 16:22
Well, that\'s it, a mixture of my two favourite desserts: tiramisu and the god old Black Forest gateau. I made it up, travelling back to school, after a visit at my family\'s in the Black Forest.
It\'s easier, and less time-cosuming, when you use ladyfingers, but try it with the chocolate-biscuit - yummy!
60 g Dark Couverture
50 g Flour
50 g Ground Almonds
8 g Baking Powder
a tablespoonfull of Corn Flour
90 g Suggar
INSTEAD OF BISCUIT:
enough ladyfingers for two layers
CREAM and CHERRIES:
680 g Pickled Morello Cherries
60 g Corn Flour
500 g Mascarpone
125 ml Milk
3 tabelspoons Suggar
100 ml Espresso
4 cl Kirsch
(1) For the \"biscuit-version\", firstly preheat your oven to 180į C. Chop the couverture into fine pieces, and mix it with the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and corn flour.
(2) Whisk the egg whites stiff.
(3) Beat the 3 egg yolks, 4 tabelspoons warm water, and the suggar until it\'s fluffy. Then carefully fold in the stiff egg whites, and the \"chocolate-flour-mixture\".
(4) Put the dough on a tray (approx. 28 x 32 cm), and bake it for 25-30 minutes. Get the biscuit out of the tray immediately, and allow it to cool.
(5) Drain the cherries, but catch the juice. Stir 3 tablespoons of it with thecorn flour untill any lumps have been dissolved.
(6) Boil the remaining juice, and add add the corn flour. Allow to cool.
(7) Mix mascarpone, suggar, and milk.
(8) Mix Kirsch and espresso.
(9) Cut circles with the glasses, in which you want to arrange the tiramisu, out of the biscuit. You need two circles for each person.
(10) Place one of the matching circles at the bottom of each glass, then dank them with half of the espresso. Apply first half of the mascarpone then the cherries.
(11) Place the second circle on top, dank it with the rest of the espresso, apply the the rest of the mascarpone and powder with cocoa.
(12) Put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours, before you enjoy!
When you choose ladyfingers, use them in the same way as the biscuit. It might be difficult to arrange in glasses. I then use a casserole.