Added by Frankie001 | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
1 tbsp of oil
1lb of lean minced beef
4 mushrooms finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
1 small glass of red wine
1tbsp medium curry powder
1/3 tube of tomato puree
salt & pepper
1/3 cup of milk
Box of cannolloni shells.
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp oil
Splash or two of red wine
2 tbsp of tomato puree
Can of chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 tsp sugar
Salt & Pepper
White Sauce: Packet of Coleman's White Onion Sauce.
1. Sweat onions in the oil until soft, add mushrooms and fry for 2 mins.
2. Add mince, fry until dry and fluffy and pour off any excess fat breaking down the mince as best you can as this will make the filling the shells easier.
3. Add the red wine, curry powder & tomato puree.
4. Allow to simmer for 20 mins, do not cover.
5. Add salt and pepper & milk and allow to cool
6. While the filling is cooling, make your tomato sauce.
1. Fry onion & mushrooms in oil until soft
2. Add all other ingredients, cover, bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
[u]White Sauce[/u]: Make the white onion sauce according the packet instructions
1. In a large lasagne dish cover the bottom lightly with a layer of the tomato sauce.
2. Pack the cannelloni shells with the beef filling using a large dessert or soup spoon covering one end with the palm of your hand to prevent the filling coming out the other side.
3. Place each filled shell in the dish in one layer. Do not pack too tightly as once the pasta cooks it will expand a little.
4. Pour the white sauce over the filled shells.
5. Then cover with the rest of the tomato sauce and spread roughly.
6. Top with grated mozzarella cheese and fresh finely grated parmesan (makes the topping nice and crispy)
7. Cover with foil and put in a pre-heated oven on 200C/Fan 180C for 1 hour.
8. Remove foil after 30 mins to allow the topping to brown.
Serve with a cherry tomato & red onion salad