Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Remove shells from pistachios and place nuts on a baking tray along with the hazelnuts. Roast for approx. 15mins at 150C, turning then regularly. Whilst they're roasting prepare the honey and syrup mixtures (below).
2. Make a syrup with the water and sugar by heating the mixture to 140C. At the same time, heat the honey in another pan to 120C. Keep the mixtures at a steady temperature whilst you prepare the egg whites (below).
3. Place the egg whites in the food processor bowl (it must be clean and dry) and whisk till eggs reach the meringue stage.
4. Continue whisking at high speed and start adding the syrup mixture, a trickle at a time. (more pics http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/viewtopic.php?id=58058 )
5. Next, add the honey, a trickle at a time.
6. Continue whipping the mixture for approx. 5 minutes. In order to maintain the necessary temperature and to cook it slightly, wave a blowtorch round the mixing bowl whilst whisking. The mixture should have expanded and will be thick, creamy and white.
7. By now, the nuts will be ready so quickly remove them from the oven and place on a large tea towel. Form the towel into a bundle and rub the nuts in the towel to remove any skins.
8. Remove the whisk attachment and replace with a 'K' hook or similar. Add the HOT (they must be hot !) nuts to the mixture and mix gently for just a couple of minutes
9. Allow the mixture to cool down to 100C then using a spatula, quickly spread the mixture over the rice paper base ,getting as close to the edges as you can. (more pics http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/viewtopic.php?id=58057 ) You will have to work very quickly as the mixture begins to set once it's cooled down.
10. Cover with the 2nd sheet of rice paper then roll gently with a rolling pin till level (about 2.5cm thick).
11. Allow to cool slightly then cut the sheet into 2 long strips (lengthwise) then into 'fingers' or small squares.