Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Start adding the water, bit by bit, mixing the dough with a spoon. Add enough water to make a very soft and almost sloppy dough. It should be thicker than a sponge cake mixture but not as firm as your usual bread dough (see pic http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/viewtopic.php?id=60652 )
3. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for approx 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 250C and place a large baking tray on the middle rack.
4. When the dough is ready, remove the heated tray from the oven and sprinkle with a little flour. Scrape the dough out of the bowl and straight onto the tray (it'll be too soft to handle) and gently press into shape, pushing your fingers into the dough a few times .
5. Quickly spray or brush the loaf with a mixture of cold water and a dash of olive oil then sprinkle with the seeds.
6. Place back in the oven and allow to bake for about 12 mins, then remove from the oven and brush/spray once more. Bake for a further 5 -8 mins, or until the bread is golden.
7. Place the hot bread straight onto a large tea towel (or 2 ) and wrap tightly ( This step ensures that the bread will have a soft crust once it's cooled down, which is what you're after ).
Serve cut into chunks or split open and stuff with a filling of your choice.