Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by The Cuban Chef
1. For the sauce: Sauté the shrimp shells in very hot oil and flambé with the brandy. Add the onions, garlic cloves, serranos, coconut milk, first peanuts and ginger to shrimp shells and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and sauté for a few minutes, deglaze with the wine, and add the stock. Bring to a simmer and reduce by 50%. Add the roux and simmer for 20 minutes longer. Add the cream and reduce to a nape-like viscosity. Season and strain the sauce through a chinoise.
2. Peel and devein the shrimp. Prep the firm-fleshed fish as per Chef's instructions.
3. Meanwhile prep the rest of the ingredients. Also trim and cook the string beans. Shock, drain and hold for pick up.
4. For service: Season the fish with salt and pepper, dredge in flour—shake off excess. Sauté on both sides and finish in the oven as necessary. The shrimp are seasoned and sautéed separately. Place the fish on a plate and top with the sauce. Scatter the garnish on top of the sauce.
5. Reheat the string beans in some butter, chicken stock to steam, salt and black pepper.