Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Remove from the heat, pop a lid on it then set aside and allow to cool down for about 30mins.
3. Prepare the nut/cheese mixture. Place the nuts in a food processor and process for just a few seconds (not too fine). Add the rest of the ingredients to the nuts and process at high speed till the mixture reaches the consistency of a fine minced meat.
4. Add the cooled down wheat to the nut mixture and mix well using your hands. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. Cover , then place in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the mixture to firm up.
6. To make the burgers, divide the mixture into 10 balls and form into a burger or sausage shape, if you prefer.
7. Fry gently in a little olive oil for about 5-6mins on each side, till golden brown.
If you don't want to use all of the burgers at once just wrap them up in clingfilm and freeze them in single portions. You can cook them from frozen (a little longer than usual) or defrost them if you prefer.