Added by Allora Andiamo | Thu 05 Aug 2010 @ 11:43
I used broccoli,cauliflower,potatoes and onions for my filling but you could try adding other vegetables too eg. green beans, spinach, peas, carrots etc
Puff pastry (i used 1 packet of ready-rolled pastry)
1 egg, beaten
1 med• sized head of broccoli, cut into florets
A handful of cauliflower florets
2 med• onions, cut into large chunks
2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (approx.4-5mm thick)
approx• 600ml thick bechamel sauce (seasoned with a good pinch of nutmeg)
120g mature cheddar cheese, grated (add the cheese to the hot bechamel sauce)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Steam the vegetables till tender. If you don\'t have a steamer you could boil them instead. Just make sure the vegetables are dry before adding them to the bechamel.
3. Place the vegetables in a buttered pie dish/baking dish* and add the sauce, mixing well.
4. Cover the pie with a pastry lid and trim to size.
5. Brush with plenty of beaten egg then bake at 190C for 25-30 mins till nice and golden.
*my oval dish measures approx. 32cm x 22cm x 8cm