Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by alashley
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks and yoghurt till well combined.
3. Add in the 30gm of parmesan and 50gm of vintage cheddar along with the nutmeg (if using), season with the salt & pepper (only use a little salt as grated parmesan cheese usually contains large amounts of sodium!) then stir to combine.
4. In another medium to large mixing bowl place the egg whites and beat (I use an electric beater for this as I am rubbish with a whisk!) until soft peaks form, adding the cream of tartar during the process.
5. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture (DO NOT STIR!) until combined.
6. Divide the mixture into 4 x 250ml ramekins, leaving around 1cm from the tip of the rim, sprinkle each with the remaining parmesan, then bake for around 15-18 minutes (on the middle shelf) or until well puffed up and cracking on the surface.