Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by cengland
Good with any grilled meat.
• Peel the beetroots, and cut into wedges.
• Peel the parsnips, cut off long, thin tails, and cut thick parts into wedges.
• Boil each of the vegetables, separately, in salted water until just tender but still quite firm.
• Meanwhile, cut the onion in half lengthwise, peel it, and cut it in wedges.
• Drain well, and tip vegetables into a bowl together.
• Add the chopped onion.
• Add 2 tb olive oil, and toss.
• Bake at 235 C until lightly browned, turning if necessary part way through cooking.
• Tip into a serving bowl.
• Remove stalks from silverbeet, and leaves in thick shreds (about 2-3 cm wide).
• Boil in salted water for just a minute, until wilted (or steam it).
• Drain well, then add to the root vegetables in the bowl.
• Put dressing ingredients in a jar with a plastic lid and shake well (or whisk them together in a bowl).
• Use about ¼ c dressing (or to taste), along with the lemon juice to taste, and some salt and pepper, to dress the salad.
• Save the rest of the dressing for other salads.