Wild mushroom puree
Added by RedfoxEstonia | Wed 02 Jun 2010 @ 05:09
If you have salted wild mushrooms kept over winter in a jar, they make a great soup when you donīt have spring mushrooms growing anywhere near. you can use shop-bought mushrooms, but the genuine taste comes from the self-picked
300 g preserved wild mushrooms (salted mushrooms need to be soaked before using them for 3 days)
1 large onion
garlic to your own taste - from 2 gloves to a whole one if you like
a pinch of salt
freshly ground rosť pepper (goes better with mushrooms)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 glass of full-fat milk
1 glass of water
1/2 mushroom stock cube
some grated smoked cheese
1. cut up all the vegetables and set in separate bowls.
2. heat some oil in a pot, toss in the mushrooms and cook them for about 15 minutes to get out all the taste. add the finely chopped garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes until the onion turns glassy
3. add a glass of water and the stock cube, stir. Then add carrots, cook for 5 minutes.
4. add the potato.
5. cook until all the veggies are soft. puree them with whatever tool you find convenient
6. add milk and season with salt and rose pepper, stir and turn up the heat for a few minutes.
serve with lots of smoked cheese grated on top and some white whole-grain bread.