Added by RoBBs | Thu 05 Apr 2012 @ 13:09
With only 3 ingredients these shortbread biscuits are lovely for a afternoon treat. My dad isn\\\'t much of a sweet fan but when he tasted one of these he, asked to \'try\' another one then asked for another batch!!! Hope you enjoy this recipe, if you have any questions or suggestions on recipes please send them to email@example.com thanx!!!!
90g Plain Flour
60g Butter/margarine (butter makes nicer biscuits.)
A little bit of sugar on top just after they come out of the oven works very nicely!!
1. Preheat the oven to 180\'C Gas mark 4 or 160 fan.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray.
3. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, preferably with the sugar to save you time.
4. Add the butter/margarine and rub in fat to flour.
5. Bring together the ingredients to form a smooth dough.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface - it should be about the thickness of an ordinary pencil (1cm).
7. Cut out some biscuit shapes.
8. Place the biscuits on a baking tray and bake for 10 -12 minutes.
9. When the shortbread comes out of the oven sprinkle a little bit of sugar on each one, it will make them taste more sweet and scrummy!!!