Added by kye in france | Fri 12 Jun 2009 @ 15:20
Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
Those Brownies taste great when they are eaten together with some vanilla or peanut ice cream, sprinkled with pecan brittle or smothered with caramel sauce and accompanied by a glass of cold milk.
Makes 16 brownies.
Ingredients for the \"Brownie Batter\":
1 Stick (1/2 Cup/120g) Unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 Ounces (60g) Unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 Cup Castor sugar
2 Large eggs (~63g)
1/2 Tsp Pure vanilla extract or vanilla paste
1/2 Tsp Salt
2/3 Cup Plain white flour
Ingredients for the \"Cheesecake Batter\":
8 Ounces (240g) Cream cheese, well softened
1/3 Cup Castor sugar
1 Large egg yolk (from a 70g egg)
1/4 Tsp Pure vanilla extract or vanilla paste
Method for the \"Brownie Batter\":
1. Put an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 180į C (350į F).
2. Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan (brownie pan).
3. Heat butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted (you can also use the bain-marie method to melt them).
4. Remove from heat, pour into a big bowl and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined and shiny.
5. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread in baking pan.
Method for the \"Cheesecake Batter\" and for baking the brownies:
6. Whisk together the cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
7. Add brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
8. Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35-40 minutes.
9. Let cool on a wire rack.