Added by RedfoxEstonia | Tue 01 Jun 2010 @ 20:21
I donīt eat a lot of muesli, but someone always buys and then I am stuck with it. old packs of muesli make good cookies though - better than plain oatmeal. They stay soft and chewy for a long time
a pack (500 g) of roasted muesli from the far end of the cupboard
150 g butter
200 g sour creme
1 cup plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cocoa powder (you wont need it if you have chocolate muesli)
100 to 200 g sugar (depends on the sweetness of the muesli)
1 tsp salt
a handful of sultanas
1. beat the eggs with sugar, until the sugar has melted, they donīt have to make a thick foam, just enough so that it is thouroughly mixed
2. add sour cream and salt to the eggs and sugar
3. melt the butter on a bowl of boiling water. place muesli in a bowl and drizzle in the butter. let cool.
4. mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa and sultanas. then in turns combine all the ingredients.
5. take an oven plate, grease it with oil or margarine or use a baking sheet. take a tablespoon for a measure and place even piles of batter on the plate, leaving about 3 cm of space between them. then press them flat. bake in 200 C for 30 minutes until shiny brown.
...dont preserve them in anything, just eat. god knows how old that muesli was already.