Added by username_taken | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
chocolate toffee cookies
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 450g bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
* 1 3/4 cups (packed) brown sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used a fancy jar of vanilla bean bits )
* 5 40g chocolate-covered English toffee bars (such as Heath), coarsely chopped*
* 1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
* Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; whisk to blend. Stir chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in bowl until thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts ( hehe nuts ). Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350įF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto sheets, spacing two inches apart. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if youíre using it.
Bake just until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to touch, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)