Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Place the flour and butter/lard in a bowl and rub together
between your fingers till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add the pinch of salt and the water (bit by bit) till the mixture
pulls together.Knead just a few times then cover with clingfilm and
pop it in the fridge for about 30mins.
3.Slice the beef steak and all the vegetables into small pieces and set
aside for now.
4. Roll the pastry out to about 1/4 inch thickness then cut into circles
using your plate as a guide.
5.Place a small amount of steak and the veggies in the middle of each circle
and season with some salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle a bit of flour over the filling and dot with a bit of butter.
7. Brush the edges of the circle with a bit of water, then fold the pastry
over the filling.
8. Make sure the edges are sealed properly then using your fingers,crimp the edges.
9. Brush the finished pasty with some beaten egg then cut a small slit
in the centre of the pasty to allow the steam to escape.
10. Bake at 200C for 30mins then reduce the heat to 160C and bake for another 30mins
or until pasties are golden.