Added by Jumaolster | Wed 09 Jun 2010 @ 14:56
fried courgette flowers are delicious as a starter or as a main....
3 courgette flowers per person for a starter side dish, 5 per person as a main
(olives for a saltier taste)
for the batter:
100 grams flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of water to start
1. prepare the batter:
sift flower into bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 cup of water. Whisk until smooth, add more water if necessary. Put in the fridge.
2. Gently rinse courgette flowers and leave on cutting bord to dry a bit.
3. cut mozzarella into small pieces
(add some chopped olive bits for a saltier taste)
4. spoon mozzarella pieces into flowers, then twist top of flower to the filling doesn\'t fall out.
5. heat olive oil in a sauce pan ( approx. 1 finger deep)
6. dip flowers into batter
7. fry the filled flowers, not to many at a time, until crispy on both sides
8. drain on kitchen paper
9. salt to taste
10. serve immediately while still hot.