Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by madcaps89
2. heat up a frying pan, remove sausage meat from skins, roughly chop and add to hot frying pan.
3. add tomato puree and plum tomatoes to the garlic, chilli, and basil stalks, season and add a pinch of brown sugar to help with acidity of tomatoes. mash up the tomotoes with a wooden spoon.
4. once sausage meat is well browned and nearly cooked through add the pasta to the boiling water and add the red wine to the sausage meat and reduce to about half.
5. take your saucepan of tomatoes and pour into a sieve over the frying pan of sausage and wine. use a ladle to push the liquid through the sieve. if the liquid is a little thin let it reduce for a few minutes. Once reduced, chop your basil leaves and add to the sauce.
6. Once ready, drain your pasta, throw it back in the pan and back onto a low heat. add your sauce to the pasta and stir well to coat the pasta.
7. serve up with some small basil leaves, parmesan shavings and a drizzle of olive oil