spicy winter warmer vitamin soup!
Added by digbyshade | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
3-4 carrots, chopped
1 large onion, diced
2 red peppers, de-seeded and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried crushed chillies
1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
ground black pepper & sea salt
2tsp mixed herbs
1.5pts hot chicken stock from cube
1. In a non stick stock-pot/pan, fry the carrots & peppers for 5mins over med-high heat
2. Add the onion, garlic, chillies, chilli powder and herbs and continue frying for 5mins
3. add tin of tomatoes with juice, and stock, then add salt & pepper
4. stir well and bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25-30 mins.
5. remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, before whisking with a hand blender to a smooth consistency.
6. ENJOY!! Should serve at least 4 people. For a milder version, do not use the crushed chillies, or make your own variations with different herbs, spices, etc.