Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by badlydrawnboy
Very, very gradually drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, whisking all the while.
(It's imortant to go very slowly at first, once you've got 1/3 to 1/2 of the oil in there you can go a bit faster)
Whisk the yogurt in. There's no need to go slowly with this part.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Because the yogurt is naturally sour there's no need to add lemon juice or vinegar as you normally would with a mayonnaise, unless you're using it for tartar sauce (see below), in which case you may want it a bit more tart.
1. Add some blue cheese, and maybe a few chopped chives, and you've got a blue cheese dip, delicious with chicken wings (or, if you're being healtier, with spicy grilled chicken breast strips)
2. Add chopped pickles and capers, and some chopped dill if you like, and you've got tartar sauce. Or you can mix it with tuna, for a delicious tuna salad / sandwich.
3. Add more mustard and a bit of honey and you've got a honey mustard dressing for coleslaw.
4. Add chopped anchovies, minced garlic and grated parmesan and it's caesar dressing.
5. Add some wasabi and you've got a wasabi mayo that goes really well with grilled salmon or tuna
6. You can also add reyhydrated and minced chipotle peppers, pureed roasted peppers, chopped herbs, pureed roasted tomatoes...