- 2 x 150 g mozzarella balls, torn in half
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 20 slices quality prosciutto/bresaola/salami
- 280 g artichokes in olive oil, drained, oil reserved
- 290 g sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained, oil reserved
- 290 g balsamic sundried peppers in oil, drained, oil reserved
- 3 tablespoons mixed olives
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan, for shaving
- 20 g fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
Place the mozzarella at the edges of a large plate and scatter with chilli. Arrange the cured meat and all the vegetables in small piles over the rest of the plate. Top the meat with some Parmesan.
Put most of the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar or a Flavour Shaker with a pinch of salt and crush to a paste. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved olive oil from the jars and stir to make a basil-flavoured oil. Spoon it over the mozzarella and the vegetables, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
Toast the ciabatta then rub lightly with the garlic, drizzle with a bit more of the reserved oil and serve everything together with the remaining basil leaves scattered over.