- 1 small lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag rocket, washed
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 small handful pea shoots, optional
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored and finely sliced
- 2 small beetroot, scrubbed (not peeled) and very finely sliced (if you have leaves, reserve them)
- 2 small candy beetroot, (or use all red if you can't find candy) scrubbed (not peeled) and very finely sliced (if you have leaves, reserve them)
- 1 small bunch fresh marjoram, leaves picked
Squeeze the lemon juice into a clean jam jar. Add three times the amount of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then screw the lid on and shake to emulsify.
Add the rocket, watercress, pea shoots, apples, beetroot and beetroot leaves, if you have them, to a large bowl. Drizzle over enough dressing to completely coat the ingredients, add the marjoram, toss again and serve.