50 ml Dewar's 12
1 teaspoon caster sugar
4 drops of Angostura Bitters
zest of orange
1. Place the caster sugar into a tumbler and add the Angostura bitters
2. Then it's all about the stirring – and your patience
3. Add a dash of Dewars 12 and 2 cubes of ice, then stir slowly to delay the drink diluting and maintain the flavours of the whisky
4. Repeat by adding a few cubes of ice and a dash of whisky until all the whisky is gone
5. Garnish with the orange zest
Drinks Tube Recipe
Top keyword searches
Popular recipes this week
Popular recipe categories
Invented simply to disguise bootleg whiskies, a few dashes of bitters and a twist are the best way to smooth out a whisky and bring out the residual sweetness.
BUYING SUSTAINABLY SOURCED FISH
Buying sustainably sourced fish means buying fish that has been caught without endangering the levels of fish stocks and with the protection of the environment in mind. Wild fish caught in areas where stocks are plentiful are sustainably sourced, as are farmed fish that are reared on farms proven to cause no harm to surrounding seas and shores.
When buying either wild or farmed fish, ask whether it is sustainably sourced. If you're unable to obtain this information, don't be afraid to shop elsewhere – only by shopping sustainably can we be sure that the fantastic selection of fish we enjoy today will be around for future generations.
For further information about sustainably sourced fish, please refer to the useful links below:
Marine Stewardship Council