The BIG Chair Project on behalf of Better Food Foundation Raffle:
Terms and Conditions:
1. These Terms and Conditions are the Raffle Rules. By entering the raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Charities Trust in association with the Better Food Foundation.
3. 'For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this raffle is defined as a 'Society Lottery. This lottery is licensed by Charities Trust and is registered with the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. Responsible person: Heather Vasco
4. To enter the raffle, you must be a resident in mainland Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) and aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
5. The prizes are non transferable. No alternatives will be provided and the chairs awarded cannot be exchanged for others.
6. All tickets shall be priced at £5.00.
7. All raffle entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £5.00 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
8. The closing date of the raffle is 11:59pm (British Summer Time) on the 12th October 2012.
9. Winners will be drawn at random. The draw for the prizes will be made at the Charity Trust’s raffle management company’s premises to be held on 22nd October 2012 and will be independently supervised. A list of winners’ names and counties will appear on the following website www.thebigchairproject.org or are available by phoning Charities Trust on 0151 286 5129.
10. If accessing the Lottery via text the service costs are based on your standard network message rate plus the standard data charges for connecting over the internet
11. Charities Trust and Better Food Foundation reserve the right in exceptional circumstances to substitute any of the prizes acquired for the raffle for a similar prize at their absolute discretion.
12. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cleared funds before the deadline of 22nd October 2012 are eligible to win the prize. Any late payments shall be treated as a donation and will not be eligible to be entered into the raffle.
13. The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified by letter or telephone on or by 23rd October 2012 with details of who to contact to arrange delivery or collection of their prize.
14. Winners will have 30 days from notification to claim their prize and make the relevant delivery or collection arrangements. Delivery will be arranged and paid for by the Better Food Foundation. If a prize is not claimed within the 30 day period or the prize is delivered but the winner is not at home to receive it, then the relevant prizes will be awarded to runner-up entrants drawn on the 22nd October 2012.
15. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Charities Trust and Better Food Foundation with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Charities Trust and Better Food Foundation will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Charities Trust of the change.
16. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Charities Trust and Better Food Foundation reserves the right to use the name and generic location of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity, unless prior notification has been received.
17. Neither the Charities Trust nor the Better Food Foundation shall be liable to the entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:-
a. any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Charities Trust. or the entrant.
b. any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Charities Trust and its Lottery partners for the administration of the raffle.
c. any delays or failures in the banking system used by Charities Trust or the entrant.
d. any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
e. any event beyond the reasonable control of Charities Trust, its Lottery partners, and Better Food Foundation
18. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Charities Trust or the Better Food Foundation
19. Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Better Food Foundation, The BIG Chair Project, C/O Charities Trust, Suite 20 – 22, Century Building, Tower Street, Liverpool, L3 4BJ, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
20. Charities Trust and Better Food Foundation are committed to protecting the entrants’ privacy. Data that is collected from the entrant is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing raffle chances and informing winners that they have won a prize.
21. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Charities Trust shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
22. Charities Trust reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Charities Trust does this, it will publish the amended rules.
23. Charities Trust reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
24. Neither Charities Trust nor Better Food Foundation nor the Charity Trust’s lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
25. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
26. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the GamCare helpline on 0845 6000 133 or visit their website on www.gamcare.org.uk
27. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Better Food Foundation, The BIG Chair Project, at C/O Charities Trust, Suite 20 – 22, Century Building, Tower Street, Liverpool, L3 4BJ
28. The Better Food Foundation is a charity, charity number 1094536
29. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Charities Trust, Better Food Foundation and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please take time to download and read our responsible gambling policy.
You can only buy tickets if your over 16 years old.