Oriental Salad

NOV 30 @ 17:07

by eilybake

This is literally my favourite salad, EVER in the history of the universe. We did it with the sweet chilli sesame seed chicken thighs Jamie did on 15 minute meals. So good. No quantities here for the salad 'cos I don't really know what we did, but I'm sure it doesn't really matter. Doesn't need to be exact.

Chinese leaf cabbage
Bean sprouts
Mango
Radishes
Red & yellow peppers
Spring onions
Tiny bit of whisker-thin carrot scattered on top
Avocado
Lots of coriander
Cashews & pistachios, toasted

For the dressing:
Juice of 2 limes
A clove of garlic
A bit of grated ginger (I have one of those shnazzy little plates with the sharp bits at the bottom, great for getting ginger to a kind of paste without those yucksville stringy bits. If you have one of them, use it; otherwise, grated will be fine, but I'd recommend getting a plate. Mine was 10 with a free garlic- peeler and mini cleaning brush.)
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped super small
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Some lemongrass
1-2 teaspoons light brown soft sugar
Spot of water.

Shake up the dressing in a jar then just tip all over the salad. This amount of dressing does a large salad, say for 6 people, but if you need less just keep it in the fridge. It makes everything tasty!

0 replies

Login or register to make a comment

Pages: 1
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });