Cinnamon and Spices

DEC 04 @ 22:04

by myparisdreams

Besides the oodles of layering and cute leather boots, Fall is the warm aromas of pumpkin pie and nutmeg. The waft of the spices sizzling away as you gently sautÚ some sweet potatoes on medium heat. Or the therapeutic moments of gazing into the distance whilst stirring a huggable pot of gingered butternut squash soup. The toasty hues of auburn and crisp rust with notes of orange and deep amber. Crunchy leaves, the iridescent air and most certainly the smells of cinnamon. Call it fall or say it autumn; I don't know another time of year that always manages to make the world feel all right.

The oodles of layers and boots make me happy. Cinammon spiced chai makes me feel infinite. And Fall....Fall makes everything seem OK.

Cinnamon Spice Chai to warm you up from the inside out. 

You'll need:
1 1/4 cup skim milk (or milk of your choice, absolutley)
One cardamom pod
Two cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons loose black tea

(the spices vary on preference!)

1. Bring milk to a slight, frothy boil. (You can use whole milk, too. Just put 1/3 water and 1 cup milk.)
2. Drop in the seeds of one cardamom pod, two cloves, and 1 cinnamon stick.
                                            The smells start to intoxicate.
3. Lower the heat to a mediium-low simmer. After about a couple minutes, add in loose black tea.
4. Allow the tea and spices to infuse the milk and marry ever so gently. This shouldn't take but 5 minutes. You'll note the drastic change of color....it's a pretty sight.
5. Strain the tea into your huggable cup, sugar or honey to taste!

And become one with the warm feelings of fall.

Happy Holidays!

Zareen x

0 replies

Login or register to make a comment

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }