Ornge and passion fruit mouse
'orange and passion fruit mousse'
I came up with this lovely dessert when I was looking around for something that could be put together for friends coming for a braai. We didnít really have much in the house except for some fruit and a can of ideal milk. I started making this dessert when I was a child but we used to use packets of jellee powder but we didnít even have that in the house. This is a lovely dessert to bring out after a braai when everyone is very full but a dessert that is really light.
250ml freshly squeezed orange juice
pulp of 4 passion fruits/ granadillas
Lemon to taste
4 gelatine leaves/sheets
1 tin refrigerated ideal milk
1. Together in a pot add the orange juice, pulp of the passion fruit and the sugar. Leave to simmer until reduced by half while keeping a close eye, at this point add lemon to taste. In the mean time soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
2. Once the orange mixture has reduced by half turn off the stove and add the soaked and squeezed gelatine leaves and stir till dissolved.
3. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool with 2 blocks of ice. In the mean time beat the idea milk till light and fluffy.
4. Slowly pour and fold in the orange mixture into the beaten ideal milk. Don't add all the orange mixture at once otherwise lumps will form.
5. Pour into a serving dish and leave to set for 3-4 hours. Alternately pour into multiple smaller ramekins and set.
Segments of 3 oranges
Pulp of 2 granadillas
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange.
Very nice! Thanks for the recipe!