The Real Food Innovator AwardsFri 07 Mar 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) Team
The Real Food Innovator Award Gala has always been a night of culinary celebration and recognition, and on March 13, 2014, in Washington D.C., nominees and special guests from the food community will unite to award a select group of food innovators that have done their part in a multitude of arenas this year.
A cocktail night, with a delicious 3-course dinner, prepared by special guest Chef Sam Talbot, hosted in the beautiful Whittemore House, will serve as an exciting night of acknowledgment.
There are some notable guests attending this event, including Robert Egger of DC Central Kitchen and LA Kitchen and Seth Goldman of Honest Tea, but all the nominees have done something to distinguish themselves in a given area in the culinary world. The awards are divided into 8 categories: Nutrition Awareness/Disease Prevention, Beverage, Child Nutrition, Food Access, Food Production, Food Marketing, Government Official, and Nonprofit Advocacy.
Nominees this year include Jamie Oliver in Child Nutrition, First Lady Michelle Obama and Mayor Bloomberg in Government Officials, Kelly Meyer, founder of Teaching Gardens also in Child Nutrition and Steve Ells and Monty Moran in Food Marketing (Chipotle). They, along with their fellow nominees, have participated not only actively, but also passionately in their arenas.
This night is hosted by the United States Healthful Food Council, a non-profit, non-government organization; its mission has been to fight diet-related diseases, adjusting the industry’s goals so that they accommodate consumer health needs. It aims to support the food service industry while simultaneously looking out for the public’s wellbeing.
Find out more about the night here and stay tuned for the winners!
Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- The Real Food Innovator Awards
- California Legislation Calls For Warning Labels On Soda
- Real Food Media Project Announces Winners
- New School Meal Standards Increase Fruit, Vegetable Consumption
- A Visit From Jamie Oliver & His Mobile Kitchen Big Rig
- March’s Monthly Challenges
- Lessons Learned From Cooking
- The Big Rig Rolls On To Next NorCal Stop
- Coming Up On May 16 - The 3rd Food Revolution Day!
- Food Culture And Education In Japan
- Blog Of The Month: Veggie Desserts
- A Food Revolution Adventure From The US To Europe
- Encouraging Passions To Foster Our Sustainable Food Future
- Paying It Forward For Life
- Cooking Basics – Learning Cooking Skills And So Much More
- Edible Schoolyard New Orleans: Growing A Love Of Food
- Nutrition Provisions In The Farm Bill
- One Moms Mission For A Candy-free School Valentine
- Join In On The Fun At The Kids Food Festival
- A Naturally Sweet School Valentine's Day