3 Weeks To Food Revolution Day!Mon 30 Apr 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Day Team
Most kids are so out of touch with what's on their plates that they don't realise that real food doesn't come from a box. With 43 million kids under 5 overweight or obese, we have a big problem (1). But obesity is reversible and preventable, made possible by REAL FOOD!
There’s less than three weeks to go now until Food Revolution Day on May 19, so here’s an update on what’s happening across the world.
A Global Food Festival – Is Your City Represented?
From Sao Paulo to Amsterdam and Huntington to Jakarta, there are now 26 countries and 183 cities on the map. Is your country and city represented?
Search our map to find an event happening near you that you can attend and if there aren’t any there then why not set up your own!
Check out our global team to see who you can connect with in your local area to get something going. Fancy joining the team as a Food Revolution Day ambassador? There’s still time to apply here.
Events – What Will You Do?
With 3 weeks until the big day there are already over 280 events on the map!
There are loads of different ways that you can get involved in Food Revolution Day, whether you want to do something public and invite all your community, or host a private event at your school, or a dinner party for friends and family.
We’re really excited that there are already over 80 public local food events taking place all over the world on May 19 - from Farmers Market Tours and Cooking Classes to Grocery Store Tours and Potlucks.
Additionally, there are also an amazing 197 dinner parties and private events taking place, including Jamie’s own dinner party!
Have you decided what you are going to do on Food Revolution Day? Make sure you add your events to the map and join our food festival of events bringing back food education!
Ideas & Inspiration
• Local Food Event Ideas http://foodrevolutionday.com/host-a-dinner-party.html
• Dinner Party Ideas http://foodrevolutionday.com/local-food-events.html
• Sao Paulo Events [Link once live]
• Chef Ann Coopers Events
• 25 Event Ideas For Your Foodie Event
• Ideas for Events on a Budget [Link once live]
• Check out our infographic!
The Food Revolution Day Team
(1) WHO Fact Sheet http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/
Images: Taken from the Food Revolution Day Infographic
- August Monthly Challenges
- 100 Days Of Real Food – Still Going Strong
- Blog Of The Month: Top With Cinnamon
- Seasons Of Seafood Education And Dinner Series
- Smart Snacks Q&A
- Ambassador Of The Month: Teaching Life Changing Skills In LA
- Discovering Real Food
- Food Revolution Ambassadors Go Alfresco!
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #2
- Ambassador Recipes: Eating Real For Less #1
- A Student Led Cafeteria Revolution In Ontario
- How Poetry Changes The Conversation About Type 2 Diabetes
- August Monthly Challenges
- Real Food And Conscious Living In Bend, Oregon
- Eat. Live. Travel. Write: Inspiring A Love Of Cooking Through Words
- Why Do You Eat Real?
- "If You Can Imagine It, You Can Achieve It!"
- Global Food Initiative
- London Flagship Food Boroughs – Tackling Obesity
- Breakfast: A Most Treasured Meal Of The Day