A Recap Of The Holidays Through Stories And PhotosWed 02 Jan 2013
Story by Sarah Curl
We know how busy December gets with all the holidays and time spent with family and friends. To top everything off, we filled last month with our most Monthly Challengers to date. But through all of this, Ambassadors still managed to complete December’s Monthly Challenges.
This month, we asked our Ambassadors to create their own Monthly Challenge, download the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Giving Assistant and complete the bumper challenge, which consists of 7 challenges in a week.
Check out our Monthly Challenges in action below!
Noelia Fernandez from Buenos Aires, Argentina created her own Monthly Challenge:
I´ve been inspired by the movie Julie and Julia and Ambassador Amy from the last hangout! I decided to take the "Cook a cookbook" challenge because I don’t know any blog in Spanish doing it. Also, I was happy to know that some people read about it and told me over twitter and email that they are going to try it too! Cook all the recipes from a cookbook! I’m going to do it with the Master Chef Australia S2 cookbook since that show inspired me very much!!!!!
Melinda Lund from Springfield, Missouri explains why she loves the holidays:
Love the holidays mostly because of all the food. Every year we make our family secret recipe coffee cakes. This year was cherry and apricot. All made from scratch with mostly organic ingredients.
Melinda's homemade coffee cake!
Rebecca Bourhill from Rustenberg, South Africa visited a top restaurant where she tried fresh garden pea soup with parma ham chips. She decided that she loved the dish so much, she went home and recreate it.
Ann Butler from Richmond, Virginia made a beautiful and real food dessert with orange slices, pomegranate and white sparkling grape juice for her Christmas dessert with her family.
Festive real food dessert!
Lindsey Shifley from Mundelein, Illinois taught her kids how to make Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies!
See how Daniela Miscov from Bucharest, Romania inspired parents and their children to get cooking in the kitchen again:
The monthly challenge that I thought to suggest for December was to stimulate parents cooking a seasonal recipe, so I selected gingerbread cookies and combined it with storytelling-the famous story of Gingerbread Man, at my last workshop for young kids of this year, 3-5 olds. I must say that this event and recipe was a success, most of the parents asked for the recipe and also friends. I am really happy and proud, as this recipe is really healthy and has only natural ingredients and spices: honey, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Romanian children and parents make gingerbread cookies!n
Donald Lemperle from Las Vegas, Nevada made spicy okra and tofu scramble.
Donald's healthy okra and tofu scramble!
A big thanks to all the Ambassadors who participated in Decembers’s Monthly Challenges!
We’ll be announcing January’s Monthly Challenges tomorrow, January 3rd, so stay tuned to find out what they are and how you can get involved!
Interested in becoming an Ambassador to help kick start a Food Revolution in your community? Apply today!
About the author: Sarah Curl is the Food Revolution Community Manager for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation.
Connect with Sarah on Twitter: @sarahanncurl
Find out more about the ambassador program and how you can get involved here.
Main Image Photo Credit: Salmon and salads made by Noelia Fernandez - Buenos Aires, Argentina, and cookie making with kids by Lindsey Shifley - Mundelein, Illinois.
- Let’s Get Food Education In Every School!
- Food Revolution Day 2013 Kicks Off Tomorrow!
- Work It! Food Revolution Day 2013 On The Job
- Nine Year Old Sadie Kick Starts A Food Revolution!
- Hangout With Jamie Oliver On Food Revolution Day!
- Host A School Activity With A Simple Lesson: Eat Good Food!
- Bringing Food Revolution Day To Campus
- One Meal Together: Stories From My Canadian Kitchen
- Making A Big Difference By Starting Small On #FRD2013
- Food Revolution Day Newry: Aiming Big For 2013
- A Key To Healthy Eating: Cook Together
- The Power Of Community For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Zynga Joins Food Revolution Day!
- A Simple Way To Join Food Revolution Day At Home
- A Real Food Picnic For Food Revolution Day 2013
- Orford Festival Of Food For Food Revolution Day
- Everyone’s Revolution: Eating Well For Less
- Make A Healthy Lunch This Food Revolution Day!
- Announcing May’s Monthly Challenges
- Teaching A Love Of Real Food Around The World